Top 5 Tips for College



This time of the year is definitely one of the most stressful for students. Everyone is ready for a long break, but with a semester coming to an end brings lots of exams, projects, club meetings and transitions. However with good preparation, the transition at the end of a semester can be so much easier! So here are five tips that I have for preparing for South Alabama at this time of the year!



Image result for prepartion for college
1. ORIENTATION: I remember being so nervous about coming to South and not knowing a single person, I had no idea what classes I was taking or how to manage college life. When I went to orientation, I realize I was in the right place and I would be fine. Just coming to orientation calmed my nerves and made me so excited for the fall!

2. TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF: This time of year there is so much pressure on students to get everything done as fast as possible, but sometimes it is important to remember that you can not take care of other things if you are not taking care of yourself. So, take time to watch your favorite movie, spend time with your friends or take a nap! You will be so much more productive when you are calm and have had time to unwind.

3. TALK WITH YOUR ROOMMATE: When coming to South, I knew no one, not even my roommate. Over the summer before I started here, I started to talk to her, plan out who was bringing what and just begin to get to know her. This made the transition so much easier since we broke that awkward tension that we felt at first so when we got on campus and moved in, we felt like friends already.

4. PLAN AHEAD: It is important to not wait till the last minute to get your things together, plan out what you need to get before school and what you will do when you arrive on campus. If you just take thirty minutes a day to put a few things in a pile to take, it will make August so much easier when you have been putting things aside and thinking about this transition for months.

5. REACH OUT TO OTHERS:  Coming to college is a major adjustment and it is easy to feel overwhelmed. It is important to ask for help when you need it. There are people here at South to help you, every step of the way and your support team at home. Life is easier with others.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Spring Time!

Advice to My Past Self

Introduction of Me!