Reflection Since Becoming a Jag



Image result for south alabama campus
Since my time being here at South Alabama, I feel like I have grown as a person exponentially. When I came to college in August, I was afraid to reach out and meet new people and was afraid of the unknown. I had no idea how to make new friends and recreate myself in a totally new area. At home I have had the same friend group since middle school, so when my friends are a range of 6 to 18 hours away, I knew it was time for a change. However, I never knew exactly how much of a change I would make. I met my roommate once before coming to college, she is also from Chicago so I felt like I sort of knew someone. She is the first person that I began to open up to at college, because I felt like she could understand exactly what I was going through, without needing to explain everything. College is a hard time for some student in the beginning because of this fear of the unknown. I am so thankful that she is someone that I opened up to, she has changed me in the best way possibles and taught me lessons that I could have never learned without opening up to her. She has become my best friend, and I am so thankful that South gave me her.


As I reflect on my freshman year, I realize how fast time can fly by. I feel like I was just moving into my room and walking around campus so confused, not knowing a single soul, like it was yesterday. It has been a great year being a Jag, South Alabama has given me so many friendships through classes and outside organization and career opportunities, along with teaching me so much about myself. Overall, I am so thankful that I decided to reach out of my comfort zone and come somewhere brand new, it has helped me grow into a very independent and humbled person.

GO JAGS!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Spring Time!

Advice to My Past Self

Introduction of Me!